About the Competition
The Lowell Milken Institute-Sandler Prize for New Entrepreneurs is a business plan competition for teams of UCLA students with a total of $100,000 in prizes.
Each team consists of two to six members and must include a current UCLA School of Law 3L student in good standing or a 2017 UCLA School of Law graduate. This competition is for any Team that has developed a Startup Business that the Team has already started to build or intends to build within the next 12 months. A Startup Business is any proposed business or existing business, for profit, not-for profit, or public benefit. The Startup Business must be a new, independent venture in seed or startup stages.
Registration opens on Friday, October 27, 2017. To participate:
- Read through the competition details and rules.
- Build your team! Each team should have a UCLA School of Law student. If you need additional team members you can register to create a job posting. If you are looking for a team, register to view available positions.
- Submit an application.
- Students taking part in the competition can avail themselves of these UCLA Resources.
- Submit your business plan accompanied by the submission form.
- Still have questions? Read through our FAQ, or contact us.
Monday, August 28, 2017
Business Law Competitions Information Session for UCLA School of Law students
PowerPoint presented at info. session
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Meetup for UCLA students interested in the competition
Friday, October 27, 2017
Team registrations open
Thursday, January 24, 2018
Second Meetup event for UCLA students interested in the competition
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Last day to submit team registrations
Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Evening class (5:30 pm to 7:30 pm) on how to construct an effective and persuasive business plan
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Evening presentation (6:00 pm to 8 pm) on entity selection and formation, intellectual property issues, and term sheets for prospective investors.
Judges will review all submitted business plans and determine which teams should move forward to the public round in April
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Final round of the competition
Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates about the 2017-18 competition and about competition-related events.