About the 2017-18 Competition
The Lowell Milken Institute-Sandler Prize for New Entrepreneurs is a business plan competition for teams of UCLA students with a total of $100,000 in prizes.
Each team consists of two to six members and must include a current UCLA School of Law 3L student in good standing or a 2017 UCLA School of Law graduate. This competition is for any Team that has developed a Startup Business that the Team has already started to build or intends to build within the next 12 months. A Startup Business is any proposed business or existing business, for profit, not-for profit, or public benefit. The Startup Business must be a new, independent venture in seed or startup stages.
Read through the Competition details and rules before submitting an application next fall.
- Monday, August 28, 2017 – Business Law Competitions Information Session for UCLA School of Law students – PowerPoint presented at info. session
- Thursday, October 26, 2017 – Meetup for UCLA students interested in the competition
- Friday, October 27, 2017 – Team registrations open
- Friday, January 26, 2018 – Team registrations due
- Friday, March 23, 2018 – Business plans due
- March 2018 – Judges will review all submitted business plans and determine which teams should move forward to the public round in April
- April 2018 – Final round of the competition
Registration for this year’s Lowell Milken Institute Sandler Prize for New Entrepreneurs is currently closed. Please check back in fall 2017 for information on next year’s competition.
Create Job Posting and View Available Positions
Information on creating a job posting and viewing available positions will be available soon.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates about the 2017-18 competition and about competition-related events.
Find out answers to your questions about the competition.
Students taking part in the competition can avail themselves of these UCLA Resources.
Contact us if you have any questions.